Escape the busy city life. There are advantages to living in a small town. Dos Palos is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley which is in the center of California. Dos Palos is approximately halfway between Monterey and Fresno. Its location allows for easy freeway access to both winter and summer recreational areas such as Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Santa Cruz, Monterey and Lake Tahoe.
- The Security of a Small Town: Population 5,000+
- The Affordability of a Nice Place to Live: Average home value is $92,700.
- Traditions of a Small Town: Many events that occur in our community have become time honored traditions such as the annual Cotton Festival, Annual Holiday Parades that feature our student population, Annual Car Show just to name a few, and a notable Veterans Memorial Celebration.
- Strong Sports Foundation: The District has devloped top-notch athletes who have brought home Championships many times. Our community supports these programs with enthusiasm for athletes of all ages.
- The Warmth of Friendly Faces: Everyone knows everyone. New members of the community are featured in the local newspaper, becoming hot topics of conversation in local barbershops and beauty spas, and are quickly welcomed to our town.