Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Business Services » Health Insurance

Health Insurance

I am resigning OR retiring and I'm age 65 or older, when do my health benefits end? The last day of the month resigned/retired in.


Who are my insurance providers? Medical insurance is provided by Anthem Blue Cross, dental insurance is provided by Delta Dental of California, and vision insurance is provided by VSP.


I have a problem with my insurance, how can I contact the provider? All contact information for every provider is located under “Useful Links” located on this page or call the customer service phone number provided on the back of your insurance card.


When can I make a change to my insurance election, including dependents and plan option? Changes may be made when a Qualifying Event has occurred (ex. Birth, Marriage, Death, Divorce, Dependent Loss of Coverage) or during Open Enrollment.


I have a qualifying event; how do I submit changes? Within 30 days of the event, a completed SISC Change Form and supporting documents must be submitted to the Fiscal Department (e.g.  birth certificate, marriage certificate, and/or loss of coverage verification from previous insurance provider). Please note no exception can be made to the 30-day deadline to submit changes. If you miss this deadline, the change can be made at the next open enrollment.


Who can be added as a dependent to my medical plan? A legally married spouse or a registered domestic partner and/or a birth child; step child; foster child; adopted child; child placed under your court-appointed guardianship; child placed under your medical plan with a Disabled Dependent Certification.


How long is my child covered? Dependent children are covered through the end of the month in which a child turns 26.  No action is necessary as the District will drop an overage child at the end of the month in which he/she turns 26.


My child is overage; what options does he/she have? The District will drop an overage child at the end of the month in which he/she turns 26. Any terminated dependent may elect to purchase the same health benefits through COBRA for a fee of 102% of the cost of benefits for regular employees.


How do I notify my insurance providers of a name change and/or address change? Employees should contact the District Office to submit name/address changes. 


Below are the links to insurances offered by the District:
Insurance Carrier Links-
Delta Dental-
Vision Services-