Welcome to Dos Palos Oro Loma Joint Unified School District
Escape the busy city life. There are advantages to living in a small
town. Dos Palos is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley
which is in the center of California. Dos Palos is approximately
halfway between Monterey and Fresno. Its location allows for easy
freeway access to both winter and summer recreational areas such as
Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Santa Cruz, Monterey
and Lake Tahoe.
- The Security of a Small Town: Population 5,000+
- The Affordability of a Nice Place to Live: Average home value is $92,700.
- Traditions of a Small Town: Many events that occur in our
community have become time honored traditions such as the annual Cotton
Festival, Annual Holiday Parades that feature our student population,
Annual Car Show just to name a few, and a notable Veterans Memorial
- Strong Sports Foundation: The District has devloped top-notch
athletes who have brought home Championships many times. Our community
supports these programs with enthusiasm for athletes of all ages.
- The Warmth of Friendly Faces: Everyone knows everyone. New
members of the community are featured in the local newspaper, becoming
hot topics of conversation in local barbershops and beauty spas, and are
quickly welcomed to our town.